Once again, we have had to reevaluate our policies and procedures to keep our staff and clients safe. Because of the steady increase of COVID cases since our partial opening on June 22nd, we have found it necessary to return to our curbside practice as of Monday July 20, 2020.
• Our lobby is closed. No walk- in’s will be accepted at this time.
• For wellness/ routine appointments: We ask that you call when you get to the clinic (219) 663-8387 and please wait in your vehicle. A staff member will come out to you, briefly discuss your pet’s needs, and escort your pet into the clinic, while you wait in your vehicle. If the doctor has any concerns during the appointment, he/she will call you and discuss the issues before moving forward with treatments, just as they would during a normal appointment. Please have your cell phone available.
• For sick/ injured appointments: Please call ahead so we can triage you appropriately (219) 663-8387. A staff member will help guide you on whether you should wait in your vehicle or proceed immediately into the clinic. For most sick appointments- we ask that you call when you arrive at the clinic, and a staff member will come to your car to escort you and your pet directly into an exam room. We ask that no more than ONE person enter the hospital with their pet (exceptions will be made for end of life care).
• For medications and food orders: Please call ahead so we can have it ready for you (219) 663-8387. When you arrive, please call from your vehicle. Your medication or food will be verified, a customer service representative will take payment over the phone, and a staff member will bring these items out to your car.
• For day spas, grooms, boarding and daycare: We ask you call when you get to the clinic (219) 663-8387. A staff member will discuss your pets needs and come to your car and escort your pet into the clinic for treatment. Once the treatment is complete, a staff member will call and let you know your pet is ready. When you arrive for pick up, please call the clinic and a staff member will take payment over the phone and bring out your pet.
• We encourage electronic payments, which can be taken over the phone. We will accept cash if necessary, but for the safety of the staff (and clients!), would prefer credit cards.
• If YOU are sick with COVID-19 or other respiratory illnesses or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19: please kindly reschedule any wellness or routine exams. If you are sick and your pet has an emergency or illness, please arrange for a friend or family member to bring the pet in if possible.
• Elective surgery or dentistry drop off: Please call when you arrive at the hospital (219) 663-8387 for your morning check-in and wait in your vehicle. We will transfer you to our surgery technician to discuss patient history and any concerns and will go over the consent forms. A staff member will then come to your car, have you sign the consent forms, and escort your pet into the building. At pick up- please call when you arrive, we can accept payment over the phone, and a staff member will escort your pet to your car.
Thank you so much for understanding. We realize that these measures are inconvenient, but we are doing our best to prevent the spread of disease and keep our staff healthy, so that we can continue to be here for our wonderful clients and the pets that need us!